In this edition of Grab Bag, Alex Hutchinson and Matt Laye join us as we try an find out the truth behind:
- Over breathing?
- Can we become so efficient that we are burning less energy than a sedentary person?
- Is there a benefit to stretching?
- How does your microbiom affect health?
- Can smiling improve performance?
- Do we have limits to the number of calories we can process?
Links that of stuff we talked about:
- Stronger by Science Podcast
Matt Laye is an endurance athlete and PhD in medical physiology and an assistant professor of health and human performance at The College of Idaho. Matt is a coach at Sharman Ultra and a regular contributor to Ultrarunning Magazine,
Visit Matt's Blog: Laying It Down
Follow Matt on Facebook and on Twitter
Alex Hutchinson is an avid runner and author. We did a series of podcasts on his book, Endure: Mind, Body and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance
Follow Alex on Twitter
Check out Sweat Science