Dr. Mark Cucuzzella and Dr. Ryan Green are runners, experts on running form AND owners of specialty shoe stores. We enlist their help to teach us how to choose the right shoes:
- Find a credible store and fitting expert
- Step & Feel
- What is the right size?
- Use all your senses to feel the fit
- Color matters
- Magic will happen when you take off your shoes
- Contact Dr. Green at his web site or visit his web site: Varsity Running
- Dr. Mark's Run for Your Life Podcast
- Dr. Mark's book, "Run for Your Life"
Holowka, N.B., Wallace, I.J. & Lieberman, D.E. Foot strength and stiffness are related to footwear use in a comparison of minimally- vs. conventionally-shod populations. Sci Rep 8, 3679 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-21916-7
Cudejko, T., Gardiner, J., Akpan, A. et al. Minimal shoes improve stability and mobility in persons with a history of falls. Sci Rep 10, 21755 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-78862-6
Make sure you watch his 8:25 Video that show the principles of natural running.
Be sure to spend some time learning at The Natural Running Center web site.
Visit Two Rivers Treads running store either in person or call them and ask them some questions!
Direct download: Mark__Ryan_Trn.mp3
-- posted at: 12:41pm CST